What are the criteria for enrolment?
Enrolment in Year 7 at Kilbreda College is offered to girls in the last year of
their primary school education. The selection process is consistent with
the Catholic Education Office Melbourne (CEOM) Enrolment Policy 2.4 (2007).
It is intended to ensure a fair and transparent approach to enrolment at the College.
Enrolment decisions are made by the Co-Principals in line with this policy, however
the College reserves the right to exercise discretion to respond to the pastoral
needs of individual families.
Year 7 Order of Preference for Enrolment
1. Applicants who have or have had sisters attend the College
2. Catholic applicants who have had a mother attend the College and who currently
attend a Catholic school
3. Catholic applicants who are residents of a designated Priority Parish and attend
a Catholic primary school in one of those parishes (see below)
4. Catholic applicants who are residents of a designated Priority Parish and have
not attended a Catholic school
5. Catholic applicants from other parishes
6. Applicants from Eastern Rite churches
7. Other Christian applicants
8. All other applicants.
The Priority Parishes Schools for Kilbreda are :
St Louis de Montfort's Primary School, Aspendale
Stella Maris Primary School, Beaumaris
St Joseph's Primary School, Black Rock
St Joachim's Primary School, Carrum Downs
St Joseph's Primary School, Chelsea
Our Lady of the Assumption Primary School, Cheltenham
St Mark's Primary School, Dingley
St John Vianney's Primary School, East Parkdale
St Patrick's Primary School, Mentone
St Brigid's Primary School, Mordialloc
St Anne's Primary School, Seaford